In today’s day and age, dentistry has perfected the art of caring for your teeth. Regular dental exams and cleanings, as well as preventive care like brushing and flossing your teeth, will help you keep your smile for life. However, sometimes proper maintenance of our teeth is not enough. If you have lost one or multiple teeth due to disease or injury, Laurich Dentistry can help your smile and your oral health return to normal.
Our Dentists will take special care to determine the proper restoration technique for your smile. We can see you in either our Farmington Hills or Livonia dental office to determine your specific dental implant needs. Because implants are so versatile, we can use them to replace one lost tooth, or we can use a number of implants to permanently attach a full denture or bridge.
Dr. Matthew Laurich traveled on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic, where he used his knowledge and skill to place free implants to help restore smiles. Back home in Michigan, Dr. Laurich is happy to meet with you at either of our dental offices in Farmington Hills and Livonia, to help you to restore your smile as well.
What are implants?
Dental implants are the most natural form to restore a missing tooth. An implant is a synthetic tooth root that is implanted into the jawbone. They are very strong, normally made of the same material used in many hip and knee replacements-titanium. We use this durable metal because it pairs so well with human bone. Once we have the synthetic tooth root or dental implant firmly in place, we attach either a permanent or removable replacement tooth to the root.
Dental implants offer the ability to restore the tooth most closely to its original function. Traditional dental bridges require removal of healthy tooth structure to neighboring teeth and can present a food trap that may be difficult to clean. A dental implant does not rely on neighboring teeth for support, and they are just as easy to clean as your natural teeth.
Our implant services include:
- Sinus Lift Augmentation: Often the sinuses will enlarge following the loss of the upper back teeth. This can preclude placement of dental implants in the upper back areas of the mouth since the sinus is an air-filled space and dental implants need to be surrounded by solid bone. A sinus lift augmentation/graft is a surgical procedure that restores the sinus cavity to its original size and replaces the bone that has been lost as a result of the enlarged sinus. This new bone graft typically takes nine to 12 months to heal before the dental implants can be placed into the grafted bone.
- Implant Site Development: When a tooth needs to be removed due to infection, it is not uncommon to have lost bone around the infected tooth. In these cases, various types of bone grafting can be done at the same time the tooth is removed to facilitate the placement of a dental implant at a later date.
- Computer-Enhanced Treatment Planning: We have incorporated advanced digital software throughout our Farmington Hills and Livonia offices that allows us to evaluate your dental CT scan in three dimensions for bone quality, bone quantity, and bone location, enabling the best possible placement of your dental implants.
- Implant Maintenance: It is important that you take good care of your dental implant, much like the rest of your mouth, in order to ensure optimal long-term results. Dental implants can accumulate plaque and tartar just as teeth can. Whether you have just one tooth replaced by an implant or several, professional cleanings at our Farmington Hills or Livonia dental offices will be necessary to keep your implants healthy. The time interval for these professional cleanings will be determined by your individual needs.
- At Laurich Dentistry we make getting dental implants easy, simple and comfortable. If you are looking for a good implant dentist, you are in good hands!